Sunday, September 22, 2013

From the perspective of a Kumara leaf


The Life Of A Kumara Leaf

It all started with the seed, the seed is the beginning of everything. The seed got planted in the earth, my home. Water. Sun. Nutrients. A plant begins to form and I begin to grow along with my brothers and sisters. Roots dig in to the earth and begin new kumaras, while we stay on top to find things to climb. After all, we are climbers. Life goes on and I begin to wither. I am now only a crisp, brown leaf with a speck of pale green. The roots below have almost finished their job and new leaves are already born. It’s time. I watch from where I have fallen as my forever cared for plant gets picked and harvested. Then the roots the kumaras have formed get eaten. New seeds are planted and new plants begin to form. After that, I get snatched away by the breeze.

By Hadas

2 comments:

  1. Miss Cocks, hi this is Boris and I am in Hamilton. Could you pass John my Email address. boriskun@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete