Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pastel People

We are doing art called "Pastel People". This artwork is building on the skills of blending we learnt last term when painting our butterflies. This term we are using a different medium which is pastel.

Children had one of two themes to base their artwork on - sport or family.

Some of the skills we have been learning are:

- using sketching techniques
- drawing human figures consisting of geometric shapes depicting movement
- understanding, explaining and using correctly, cool colours and warm colours
- using blending and shading to create movement
- using white to show where the light is hitting


Diamond Gymnastics - Jiayi




Serene Spotlight Stealers - Anusha

Radient Summer - Georgie

Future Gold Medalist - Caitlin Br

Subtle blending that isn't stripy

Family Love - Jessie F

Family Of Joy - Caitlin Brac


Skating At Twilight - Danbie



Flaming Soccer Player - Raymond

Ninja Thrust Kick - Levi

Amnythest Versus Emerald - Boris

Super Surfer - Holly

Star Player - Scott

Destroyer of Tae-kwon-do - Andrew

Elegant Ballerina - Jessie O

2012 Soccer Olympics - John

Basketball Shooter - Jason C

Silver Snowflake - Hannah




12 comments:

  1. Your blending work is stunning. I can see you have grouped the warm colours together and the cool colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pastal people was blended very well and it looks amazing.Raymond

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Levies work is rele good. I aspeshale like his shading and I like his ider of doing karate as his sport. from George

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the blending hard and the back ground hard as well.I chose rugby because its my favorite sport and play all the time.scott

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this art because it was a new form of art

    Jason.t

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy the blending and it was intersting because of symbol tae kwon do.

    Andrew.k

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite part is colouring and blending and I think they looks awsome.Jason.C

    ReplyDelete
  7. TO:Hannah

    I liked your pastel person because it was a cool colour and the rest of your picture was warm colours.
    I also liked the name, 'silver snowflake'!
    next time maybe you could make the snowflake a bit larger!

    FROM:Anusha.R

    ReplyDelete
  8. TO: Georgie

    i really like the lighting on your people it looks very natural. Your sun is amazing to :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. to Hannah

    i really like your background and how it blends and curves
    from holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. This piece of work is grat levi it's vere callafol and I like the calr blow.from George

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed blending the colours together and all the pastel people look great.

    from John

    ReplyDelete